Counselling, Psychotherapy and Supervision in Salford, Greater Manchester
My name is Clare McFarlane. I'm a qualified counsellor, psychotherapist and clinical supervisor, practising in Salford, Greater Manchester.
I offer both long-term and brief (6 – 12 sessions) one-to-one psychotherapy and counselling and also clinical Supervision. I'm committed to working respectfully with issues of diversity and difference, and to the on-going development of my capacity to work inclusively, in a culturally sensitive way.
Counselling, Psychotherapy and Supervision Qualifications/Registrations/Accreditations
- Registered as a Psychotherapist and Supervisor by UKCP (United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy)
- A Registered and Accredited Member of BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy)
- Accredited as a Psychotherapist by GPTI (Gestalt Psychotherapy and Training Institute)
- Diplomas in Counselling (2001), Psychotherapy (2008) and Supervision (2016)
(Certificates available to view upon request).
Counselling, Psychotherapy and Supervision Practice
- I work in conjunction with the BACP “Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions”, The UKCP “Ethical Principles and code of professional conduct” and the GPTI “Code of Ethics and Professional Practice”
- I carry professional indemnity insurance.
- I attend regular consultative supervision. This supports me to keep the best interests of clients and supervisees in mind at all times.
- I hold a current DBS (enhanced) check. (Date and number of certificate available upon request).
- Practising in private practice as a therapist since 2000
- Senior Counsellor at the University of Salford's Staff Counselling Service (Health, Safety and Wellbeing) from 2003 – 2013
- Experience in the role of clinical supervisor in the voluntary sector (Stockport Women's Centre) and in private practice
- Therapy work across a wide range of settings, including NHS Primary Care, EAP contracts, and community counselling services such as “Mind” and “Beacon”
- Prior to becoming a full-time therapist, I had a successful career as a professional musician and violin teacher
Support to change; support with change.
Sometimes we want to make changes in our life. We might have a sense that we aren't living life to the full or perhaps we are experiencing thoughts and feelings that disturb and trouble us. Maybe our situation has changed in ways that we haven't chosen and we are struggling to come to terms with the impact of this. It can feel hard to know what will help.
Therapy can be a support in these circumstances.
If you're a counsellor or psychotherapist yourself, and looking for supervision for your own practice, take a look at my Supervision page.
I imagine that you may have questions about counselling and psychotherapy, and how we might work together as well as the Practicalities. Do with your query, or go to the Contact page to find out more. You may find the information that you are looking for on the FAQ and Therapy pages.
In order to get an idea of whether counselling or psychotherapy might be of support to you, we would meet for an initial appointment, for which I don't charge. This is an an opportunity to explore what Gestalt therapy is, what it can offer, and whether it's for you. It's also important for us to check out how we get on and whether we want to work together. To find out more about how we might do this, go to the Therapy page.
I look forward to hearing from you.